Nobody wants to see eye bags in the mirror after they wake up. They’re ugly and can be detrimental to your self-confidence. In fact, due to the number of people who have them, eye bag removal in Singapore is a popular hot topic. If you want to get rid of them permanently, then consider getting eye bag removal surgery from an aesthetic clinic like Dream Plastic Surgery. However, before you decide to undergo a surgical procedure, try out the following food and home remedies for eye bag removal first:
What Food to Eat or Use for Eye Bag Removal
- Tomatoes – These yummy, red vegetables (and fruits!) are rich in lycopene, a miracle antioxidant found in red and pink fruits, that is beneficial for a person’s skin. Lycopene is also found to be good for the heart and is great for blood circulation. It has also been found that lycopene can protect a person from certain types of cancer by limiting the growth of tumors in the body. It is also found to be able to offer some degree of sun and UV protection. When it comes to eye bag removal, the primary effect of lycopene is that it shrinks the enlarged blood vessels under the eyes, which is responsible for the darkness of your eye bags. Once the blood vessels shrink, there should be a considerable decrease in the appearance of your eye bags.
- Parsley – Eye bags can also be caused by fluid buildup under the eyes. When you’re too tired or fatigues, some fluid will accumulate under the eyes. This causes the area under the eyes to look rounder and fuller, causing eye bags. Eating parsley helps combat this by supporting the kidneys in flushing out these excess fluids under your eyes. One great way of eating parsley is by adding it to your green salads at breakfast.
- Cucumbers – Cucumbers are a great beauty food and are also quite effective in removing your eye bags. There’s two ways that cucumbers can help in reducing the appearance of your eye bags. First is by eating cucumbers. This helps rehydrate you and replace lost fluids after a gruelling day at work. Another way of using cucumbers to remove eye bags is by placing a chilled slice of it on your eyes. Let this rest for about 10 to 15 minutes. This food is great for rejuvenating a persons’ puffy eyes.
- Oatmeal – Oats are a great source of fibre, which is important for fighting off constipation – one possible cause for your eye bags. Oats are also great for a bowel movement, which helps people flush out toxins at a more frequent rate compared to before.
- Avocados – Another fruit that is particularly effective against eye bags is avocados. You use them similar to how you use cucumbers – cut them into slices and apply them on top of your eye bags for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Watermelons – Another food with high water content is watermelons. Water as we know it is important because it is the primary mode of transport of blood, oxygen and nutrients inside your bloodstream. Eating watermelons can help restore lost water caused by dehydration from overwork and fatigue.
- Teabags – Tea leaves contain tannin, which is a mild diuretic and assists in getting rid of a person’s eye bags. First, you soak two tea bags in warm water. Afterwards, chill the tea bags inside the freezer for just a few minutes. Finally, you can now apply these tea bags over your eyes to get rid of your eye bags.
Home Remedies for Eye Bag Removal
- Wear thick makeup – A quick and cheap way to get rid of eye bags is by covering the eye bags with thick concealing makeup. This is just a temporary fix, however, and will not contribute in any way to the literal removal of the eye bags. Be careful though since you may be allergic to the makeup.
- Follow a fixed sleeping schedule – Another common cause of eye bag is sleep deprivation. If you don’t sleep at a fixed time each day, then maybe it’s time you be stricter at yourself and follow the advice. Remember to take care of your body, and one way of doing that is by being disciplined and responsible.
- Elevate your head when sleeping – Fluid buildup underneath the eyes is possible when your head and body are levels while sleeping. To prevent this from happening, try to put a pillow or two under your head to prevent the buildup of fluid under the eyes.
- Apply a cold compress over the eye bags – Your eye bags can be caused by the underlying blood vessels expanding due to stress or other reasons. Applying cold temperature near the eye bags will shrink the blood vessels and reduce the appearance of eye bags.
Dream Aesthetics & Plastic Surgery
290 Orchard Road, #17-03/04 Paragon
+65 6871 8888