Teeth straightening no longer list traditional metal braces as the sole option for treatment. Now, more advanced dental technology makes a patient’s journey to achieve straighter teeth less painful and more aesthetically pleasing. People would not even notice you are wearing braces on your teeth!
What are we talking about? Invisalign!
There are now more people choosing Invisalign in Singapore as their dental procedure to fix their misaligned teeth. There are a lot of reasons as well as misconceptions about this method, so we turn to the experts, Dental Designs, to find out more and get our facts straight.
What is Invisalign about?
Invisalign refers to a treatment that uses a series of clear aligners generally to straighten crooked teeth. It works similar to metal braces, only better. The aligners are almost transparent, made of materials that are durable and, at the same time, gentle on teeth, gums, and mouth.
What are the benefits of using Invisalign clear aligners?
Invisalign clear aligners can make any user’s life with “teeth braces” a breeze. Its usage benefits are:
- The almost transparent aligners are barely obvious once worn. You can still flash that wide smile and not worry about looking like you have barb wires stuck to your teeth.
- The clear aligners are removable. Eating and cleaning up after will be a whole lot easier.
- The clear aligners, unlike traditional metal braces, are friendlier to the mouth. You will not worry about getting your gums, tongue, and cheeks injured by wires or brackets.
What are dental conditions that Invisalign can correct?
Aside from aligning the teeth, Invisalign can address several conditions that affect not only your pearly whites but your jaw problems and other concerns as well. These are:
- Crossbite – occurs when the upper teeth are positioned on the inner side of the mouth when it is closed.
- Crowded teeth – occurs when the teeth overlap each other, twist, or are jammed together because they can no longer fit in your jaw.
- Gap teeth – occurs when two or more teeth have significant space in between.
- Open bite – occurs when the mouth is closed and there is no contact between the upper and lower teeth.
- Overbite – occurs when the upper teeth overlap and cover the lower teeth.
- Underbite – occurs when the lower jaw protrudes and the lower teeth rest over the upper teeth when the mouth is closed.
Are the results of Invisalign permanent?
Your teeth’s alignment after an Invisalign treatment is expected to remain permanent only if you wear your issued retainers regularly. A relapse can happen if the retainers are not used as the teeth will begin to shift and be misaligned.
Are there foods that are forbidden when using Invisalign?
This is a tricky question. As compared to traditional braces, using Invisalign enables a patient to not have any dietary restrictions provided that the clear aligners are removed from the mouth during meal or snack time.
The foods below are not forbidden, however, Invisalign users are highly advised to lessen their consumption of the following:
- Foods that are gooey or sticky – chewing gum, caramels, jelly beans, etc.
- Foods and beverages that are hot in temperature – soups, coffee, etc.
- Beverages that are high in sugar – soda, energy drinks, fruit juices, etc.
- Beverages that can stain the clear aligners – coffee, soda, tea, etc.
Practising good oral hygiene is vital during your Invisalign treatment. The teeth, mouth, and your clear aligners should be properly cleaned after eating or drinking.
Who are the best candidates for Invisalign treatment?
Invisalign is for anyone, teens or adults, who wishes to get straighter teeth or get certain jaw problems corrected. Do note, however, that Invisalign may not be able to correct teeth conditions that are extremely complicated. To know whether you are a suitable candidate, book a consultation with your preferred orthodontist.
How do I know which Invisalign package to choose?
The choice of Invisalign package will depend on your teeth’s condition, the outcome of your doctor’s consultation and personalized treatment plan. Below are some of the Invisalign packages available in Singapore:
- Invisalign i7 – $2,900
- Cost includes seven sets of clear aligners, consultation, personalized treatment plan, teeth whitening, and retainers.
- Invisalign Lite – $4,900
- Cost includes eight to fourteen sets of clear aligners, consultation, personalized treatment plan, teeth whitening, and retainers.
- Invisalign Full – $7,500
- Cost includes more than fifteen or more sets of clear aligners, consultation, personalized treatment plan, teeth whitening, and retainers.
Can Medisave be used for Invisalign treatment?
Medisave cannot be used for Invisalign treatment. Medisave usually covers only surgical or some immediately needed procedures, which Invisalign does not fall under.
Do medical insurance plans cover Invisalign?
Standard medical insurance plans do not cover Invisalign as well as it is considered an aesthetic orthodontic procedure.
120 Telok Ayer St,
+65 6221 8284